donderdag 6 november 2008

my first message ...

Hello there,

My name is Cedric. I work at VDAB (state run unemployment office in Flanders, Belgium). I was trained a commercial engineer. I did a few teaching jobs as a professor economics, bookkeeping, law etc. in secondary school. At VDAB, I develop courses to be distributed over internet to unemployed people in my country. Subject of these courses is anything from office tools to reading building plans, behavioural sciences, languages (I do have colleagues developing, doing the same thing). The big idea is to teach adults so they can get employed (and deepen their skills on the job).

SL is fairly new to me. I’m interested to find out how to communicate skills and (more or less) abstract idea’s to adults. I do not want to start another setting of teacher-pupil-classroom in SL for this: I want to introduce a certian freedom so students can learn at their pace and on their initiative; I want to convince them to keep on (studying and) learning. I would very much like to discuss experiences you all have in this and I can not wait to do some experimenting on my own.

Geen opmerkingen: